Extension of tank farm.
75000 m³ twin wall steel vertical oil tank with double vacuum bottom.
FEED, Detail Design, Construction supervision.
Oil-trunk pipelines Druzhba Branch of Ukrtransnafta JSC (Ukraine).
Year of execution: 2000
Project Objective: extension and modernization of the tank farm connected with the expiry of service life of existing tanks and their high depreciation level, and also due to the expansion of oil pumping directions.
Basic engineering solutions:
- Structural elements:
- main vertical steel tank with a floating roof and a capacity 75000 m3;
- protective tank (twin wall) around the main tank, designed to retain 100% of oil volume;
- vacuum double bottom with automatic tightness control system;
- floating roof with highly effective double seal, preventing occurrence of a combustible vapour-air mix.
- automatic systems for fire suppression in the main tank and interwall space and cooling of both shells;
- systems for monitoring of oil operating and emergency levels in the tank, gas amount in interwall space, fire occurrence, for bottom tightness control;
- screw-type variable angle mixers which prevents wax and resin accumulation;
- water outlet systems for drainage of rain water from a floating roof;
- inlet-dispensing nozzles are fitted with disk (butterfly) valves with intellectual electric drives located in interwall space, and main valves with remote control unit located outside protective wall.
Basic technical data:
|Oil throughput after extension||-||31.5 million t/year|
|Tank Farm Capacity after extension||-||235 thousand m3|